John Selethial Hagan
Charles Simmons Family
|Left to right: Leola Simmons, Charles Simmons, Sarah Jane (Fulkerson) Simmons, Nancy (Sappington) Fulkerson [Seated in front of Sarah], Anna May Simmons, Martha Ann (Fulkerson) Simmons, and Jesse Avis Simmons|
Nora Simmons, was born October 5, 1879, in Missouri, daughter of Charles Simmons and Sarah Jane Fulkerson..
Nora was married on February 19, 1896, to John Selethial Hagan, who was born August 2, 1872, in Saline Co., Missouri, and died April 22, 1928. Nora died on December 2, 1950 in Saline County. Both John and Nora are buried in Fairview Cemetery in Saline County.
John Selethial Hagan and Nora Simmons had the following children:
|1. Infant Hagan [Mar. 7, 1897 - Mar. 7, 1897] buried in Mt. Zion Cem., Saline Co., Missouri
2. Edith Hagan [Nov. 3, 1900 - Feb. 27, 1904] buried in Mt. Zion Cem., Saline Co., Missouri
3. Elsie Hagan [July 4, 1902 - June 1985] m. Glenn Buford Widder
1880 Census, Salt Springs Precinct, Saline Co., Missouri, e. d. 61, p. 22 [394B]
Nora living with parents
1900 Census, Elmwood Twp., Saline Co., Missouri, e. d. 125, sheet 7A, p. 128
1900 Census, Elmwood Twp., Saline Co., Missouri, e. d. 125, sheet 11A, p. 132
1930 Census, Sweet Springs, Salt Pond Twp., Saline Co., Missouri, e.d. 98-30, sheet 14A, p. 42
15 April 1930, owner of 200 N. Miller St. valued at $1600; owned a radio
47. Hagan Nora, Head, F W 50, widowed, married 1st at age 17; b. MO; father b. Canada; mother b. MO
48. Widder Glenn, Son in law, M W 29, married 1st at age 22; b. MO; father b. MO; mother b. KY; Salesman, Garage, wages
49. ----------- Elsie, daughter, F W 27, married 1st at age 20; b. MO; parents b. MO
Glenn was not a veteran of U.S. military or naval forces.
Saline Co., Missouri, Marriage Records
Saline Co., Missouri, Cemetery Records
Missouri State Death Certificate File No. 15774, Registered No. [John S. Hagan]
Missouri State Death Certificate File No. 39509, Registered No. [Nora Hagan]